I finally got a scuba diving video edited and uploaded. This is a hodgepodge of different dive sites in Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao and Grand Cayman.
Out of the sites, I think I enjoyed Curaçao the most. It was a group of only 4 people from the ship, and the two dives had interesting and different scenery.
Grand Cayman was next – the first site had the depth and the second site had the ‘swim throughs’ which was the first time I had done that.
It was also the first time with the Insta360 and I learned a couple of lessons:
- Remember the desiccant packs for the dive. I lost a lot of video due to fogging of the dive case.
- Don’t scratch the plastic dive case (darn coral).
- Keep one side of the camera towards what you want to video. The stitching is good, but still visible.
- Use a color card under water so the colors can be corrected easily.
- Use a hand across the lens to mark where something interesting occurred so it can easily be found in post.
Editing the 360 video in Final Cut Pro was easy once I figured it out. The stabilization and the panning ability are a breeze. Color correction is still an art that master I must.